Sunday, July 26, 2009

hip-hop saved my life

So I sat down, grabbed the remote, pointed at the T.V., hit the "on" button, and immediately went to channel 24(Much Music) to some lil wayne.

And this is where my story begins:

Recently, I've come to deeply respect the music that is hip-hop. And no, I'm not talking about that shit that plays on the radio now a days. Not the kind about "bitches", or how rich you are, or how conceited you are. I'm talking real hip-hop. The kind of hip-hop that expresses life and feelings; the kind that doesn't discriminate against others beliefs, sex, and race. It's because of those shitty songs from soulja boy/lil wayne etc. that lead a large population of people to believe that all rap is the same. When really, they are on two completely different levels. Artists like Nas, Blue Scholars, Nujabes should never be compared to shit-heads like gucci mane, 50 cent, or weezy. But don't worry, real hip-hop ain't dead. It's merely submersed, underground. Where I hope it will remain until all the crap on the surface subsides. It will show its face when the time is right. Peace.

[So I'm driftin' away like a feather in air,
Lettin' my words take me away from the hurt and despair.
So I'm keepin' it vertical forever elevator,
Ridin' the escalator to the somethin' that is greater.]

1 comment:

Nicole said...

"It's merely submersed, underground. Where I hope it will remain until all the crap on the surface subsides. It will show its face when the time is right."

So deep haha